Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sugar's Weight Watchers cooking log take two!















Hello friends,

Thinking back to my favorite memories they always involve three thing.
Food, friends, and family.

I hope you have time in life to cook and enjoy your food with family and friends...it adds so much joy and pleasure to life.

In fact with fall harvest around the corner there is nothing better than making a Delicious spread and inviting people over for food, fun, and excellent convo.

Try making this simple and very delicious recipe with friends and see if you don't smile and say "mmmmmmm". This recipe contains no meat so if you are a vegetarian this recipe will rock your socks.

As always, I have edited the recipes from the weight watcher book so check the book for the original recipe if you'd like to. :)


Weight Watchers Ultimate Flex & Core Cookbook Page 227

Black Bean and Avocado Tacos

1 TBS extra-virgin olive oil

1 onion, chopped

6 garlic cloves (I LOVE garlic)

3 TBS reduced sodium taco seasoning (I made my own)

1 (15 1/2-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained

3 plum tomatoes, Chopped

1/4 Cup water

6 corn tortillas

1 Hass avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced (I use this in my pico de gallo)

6 TBS prepared Pico de gallo ((I used the salsa from Sugar's Weight watchers cooking log one blog.))

4 TBS light sour cream ((YUM))


Cooking instructions

1.) Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and taco seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion just starts to soften about 2-4 min. Add the beans and cook, partially mashing with a wooden spoon, about 2-4 min. Stir in the tomatoes and water; cook until the tomatoes wilt and the water evaporates, about 2-6 min.

2.) Meanwhile, warm the tortillas according to package directions. I use a cloth towel, wrap up the tortillas in that and set my microwave to warm and cook for 2-6 min. Top each tortilla with 1/3 cup of the bean mixture, and 1 TBS of the pico de gallo, and 2 tsp sour cream. Serve and enjoy. "mmmmmm"

No comments: