Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Sugar's Weight Watchers Cook log One















Hello Everyone,

As you know I have started Weight watchers. I am passionate about food perhaps a little too passionate (LOL) and so I thought I'd make some food blogs on here with recipes I have taken from Weight Watchers. However; I add a little of this or subtract some of that to the recipes to suit my taste. *wink*

The photos you are looking at with these blogs are pictures of my Husbands plate who is not on weight watchers so the portion sizes are larger. :)


First meal on WW is from the book, Ultimate Flex & Core cookbook. Page 109 ((I have edited all recipes to fit my budget and likes, so check the actual recipes in the books for their suggestions if you'd like.))


Fajita-style Skillet Pork



1/2 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, quartered

2 Medium Avocados, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes

4 TBS chopped Fresh Cilantro

1/2 lime squeeze for fresh juice

2 TSP olive oil

1 pound Pork tenderloin ( I used flank steak)

1 onion

1 green bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips

3 TSP Mexican seasoning (I made my own)

2 TBS reduced sodium soy sauce


Cooking instructions

1.) Combine the tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, and lime juice in a medium bowl.
(This makes an amazing salsa. I use this recipe on all kinds of meals and highly recommend it.)

2. Heat 2 TBS of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the meat and cook, until browned and cooked through,a bout 4 min. Transfer meat to a plate. Repeat with the remaining meat.

3. Heat the remaining oil in the same skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are very soft, about 5 min. Add meat and Mexican seasoning; cook, stirring frequently, about 1 min. Stir in soy sauce and cook until liquid almost evaporates, about 30 seconds. Serve with the salsa.

I also made a cilantro rice to go along With the meal. I made up the recipe as I was going along and it came out pretty yummy considering I had never done it before. **smile**

Cilantro & Lime Rice

2 Cups rice

3 Cups water

1 lime quartered

4 TBS Cilantro trimmed leaves and minced

1 TBS I can't believe it's not butter light

Garlic salt to taste

Pepper to taste

Cooking instructions

1.) Cook the rice and water in a rice cooker until done.


2.) Remove the rice from the cooker and add to a medium bowl

3.) stir in the lime, cilantro, and seasonings and enjoy!


I also cooked corn on the cob to go with our meal and it was excellent all point friendly and the whole family and our friends who do not do weight watchers could enjoy!

Try it for yourself and let me know how you like it! *wink*

No comments: